Summer at RESOLVE – An update
- The 1010 Centre celebrated its grand opening. Read how it’s launching tenant Kenny into a brighter future.
- A massive yarn-bombing kicked off two new CHF projects by Morrison Homes and StreetSide Developments: A Qualico Company.
- The Calgary Residential Rental Association honoured Accessible Housing and Horizon Housing Society for their exceptional work at its awards gala.
- The first Homeless Charter of Rights in Canada was unveiled by the Calgary Homeless Foundation (CHF) and the Alberta Human Rights Commission.
- “Life on the streets is brutal” says Stacie in the opening scene of “Do You See Me?” This short documentary about human rights and discrimination on the streets of Calgary was created during the development of the Homeless Charter of Rights.
- Shaw Communications Inc. is spreading the message of the need for more affordable housing with its “Visionary” level gift of in-kind advertising.
- The Royal Bank of Canada and Field Law both announced their gifts to RESOLVE for Horizon Housing – a “Visionary” and “Stewardship” level gift, respectively.
- The Urban Development Institute (UDI) showed its support for vulnerable Calgarians at its 30th annual golf tournament where it donated the proceeds to RESOLVE.
- “In It Together” is a video series that discusses the effects of the economic downturn. Sheryl Barlage, Executive Director of RESOLVE, shared her thoughts on how it affects the campaign.
- National Chief Perry Bellegarde’s addressed Calgary’s business community at an event hosted by RESOLVE and the Calgary Chamber of Commerce.